The importance of educating and empowering women is far from breaking news. In the early 1990s, this issue attracted the global spotlight when the United Nations and the World Bank recognized the importance of women in society: “Investment in girls’ education may well be the highest-return investment available in the developing world.” Nearly 20 years later, 1 out of 4 women cannot read this sentence.
The purpose of KnowledgeBeat’s Girls Empowerment Program is to enable and motivate girls to live up to their potential. The games, activities and discussions, help young women to better understand themselves and their aspirations while cultivating skills that will enable them to set and achieve personal goals. The program offers a safe environment for girls to learn, express themselves, and develop skills that will help them advance both personally and professionally.
We enable girls to:
- Better understand themselves and their potential
- Build the confidence to pursue their aspirations
- Cultivate problem-solving skills
- Learn to work in teams and achieve goals
Key topics addressed:
- Female hygiene and sexual health
- Risks of early marriage and teen pregnancy
- Financial and social self-reliance
- Goal-setting and responsible decision-making
- Stronger academic performance
- Reduction in early marriage + teen pregnancy
- Pursuit of professional and personal ambitions